The Orleans County Democratic Party has announced its endorsements for candidates at the town and county level for the Nov. 5 election.
The party is backing Fred Miller of Albion for another two-year term on Orleans County Legislature. He represents a district that includes the towns of Albion and Gaines.
Miller, owner of a hardware store in Albion, is the lone Democrat on the seven-member County Legislature. He was first elected to the Legislature in November 2013. Republicans haven’t run a candidate against him since then.
The Democratic Party endorsed the following for town offices:
• Albion – Darlene Benton and Terry Wilbert for town council positions, and Michael Neidert for highway superintendent.
• Barre – Luann Tierney for a town councilwoman, Maureen Beach for town clerk, and Rick Root for town justice.
• Kendall – Margaret Lynn Szozda for town councilwoman.
• Ridgeway – Michael Maak for town supervisor.
• Shelby – Darlene Rich for town clerk and Michael O. Fuller for highway superin